Sunday, April 8, 2018

Make it Monday: Outline Images

Playing along with Stephanie Gold's Make it Monday at Papertrey Ink. This week, she challenged us to make a card using outline and shadow images, but in a different way to make an abstract pattern. I used the "Color Pop Floral" Make It Market mini kit for my background.


I  stamped and used the stencils in the kit for my background flowers and leaves. Then I die cut a circle, added some vellum on the back, and heat embossed a sentiment from "Sentiment Staples: Birthday."


Stenciled and die cut some more flowers to match, then a few little Glossy Accent details to finish my card. It's kind of retro springy, and I think I like it!


6 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Lovely, lovely card Kelly! Never even thought of using that set, but it's just perfect for this challenge! Love the die cut circle with the sentiment on the vellum too...such a sweet addition to the card! :0)

Lisa Elton said...

This is a masterpiece Kelly! It's a perfect spring card. The vellum opening is wonderful. Beautifully done!

Karen said...

I definitely like it---a lot! I love the design-- the framed circle with the vellum sentiment is perfect. And the spring colors are a wonderful antidote to our winter weather. Like you, I'm looking forward to Saturday!

Nancy Penir said...

Hi Kelly! Your floral bg is gorgeous! Adore the vellum ring of blooms, gonna case that idea! And have to say, 'retro springy' is a perfect description!

Cindy Beach said...

This is beautiful, Kelly! Lovely shades in your background floral and such an outstanding sample of the technique. I love the softness and the vellum, great design!

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful stamped background you created Kelly! love the colors you used. The embossed sentiment looks so pretty on the vellum!