Monday, January 5, 2015

12 Kits of Occasions...with Cathy!


It was our last edition of the 12 Kits of Occasions for 2013 and we celebrated Baby New Year :)!  Cathy was our hostess this month and she sent us a kit just packed with every cute item that you could ever want for a baby card coupled with the sweetest pastels and patterned papers!  Excuse my late arrival to the party, as our whole family ushered in the New Year with the dreaded stomach bug.  Here's hoping it's the last we see of that this year (well, forever would be even better)!

Cathy found the sweetest printed die cuts and I fell in love with this giraffe!  She also cut so many words with her Cameo...


Next more pattered paper and die cut words.  The "Sweet" made me think of the pea pod in Papertrey Ink's Baby Button Bits!


Instead of buttons, I used some acrylic dots that Cathy sent, then added some extra leaves to the pod that were cut with a Memory Box die.


This is probably my favorite card of all, LOVE this stork die cut!


Added a sentiment from Baby Button Bits, the heart dies from the Shaker and Sprinkles Make It Market kit, and a flower made with a WPlus9 Fresh Cut Florals.


And since Baby Button Bits was on the table, I was inspired by the patterned paper to make a little flower garden of my own.  How adorable are these safety pin brads?!


Thank you SO much, Cathy for this wonderful kit.  You spoiled us (like I am sure you are spoiling that new grandbaby of yours, as you should)!!  Be sure to check out the other ladies' beautiful projects linked HERE at our 12 Kits Blog.  Don't forget to check out our special guest's Lynn's post HERE too!  As always, you can visit our Pinterest page and our Facebook page, too.

6 comments:

Joyce said...

So glad you and your family are back to being healthy. Your cards are adorable--love all the little extras you added, too. I think my favorite might be that final tag. Love the buttons as flowers.

Lisa Elton said...

Sorry about the icky sickies Kelly, glad you're doing better! These are all just as sweet as can be. I love the sweet pea card, that's what I call our new granddaughter Penelope! ~ Sweet P!!

Sharron said...

Oh, Kelly, these are all so adorable! The colors on the giraffe card are such fun and I love the pea pod. The stork design couldn't be sweeter--I adore the heart, the trim on the baby bundle and the perfect sentiment! And your tag is truly "cute as a button"!!

Cathy Weber said...

I am so glad you and your family are feeling better Kelly...your cards are adorable and you have made me want to bring out my Baby Button Bits set...haven't used it in a while. I also loved that stork...love that you added the twine and little flower and pearl to the bundle! Thank you for making my kit look so good!

Marybeth said...

So happy you are all feeling better now! Nothing worse than everyone being so under the weather.
Oh my gosh Kelly I love all your adorable cards! The sweet pea it too cute! I love them all! Your tag is absolutely darling,great way to use the pins.

Lindsey said...

I've been scrolling through and loving all your cards. I can't believe I didn't comment on this post before. So sorry about that!