Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sunshine Sketch

I have missed being a participant in the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge and finally got a chance to play along this weekend.  This week's fun CAS sketch is by Jennifer Timko!

I bought the Hello Sunshine set from PTI in my anniversary order and have been wanting to use it.  So I used a bit "looser" interpretation of the sketch to make it fit!  :)


I stamped the rays from Hello Sunshine (as well as the "are my" from the set) and used the "You" from the new Phrase Play #1 die.


Instead of a banner, I used a mini polaroid frame cut with PTI's Framed Out #12 die.  The sun is made with a Buttoned Up #2 die, and 2 yellow buttons stacked on top of each other.

I'll admit, this CAS style is so difficult for me!  I kept wanting to try to add sequins or rhinestones, but didn't want to get glue all over the nice white cardstock that I didn't smudge!!

8 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome!!

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty card Kelly, love the sunburst!

Jen Timko said...

Love your interpretation of the sketch. Such a wonderful card!! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow - what a fabulous effect the sun rays give! So create! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Cindy Lovell said...

WOW! Love this card!! So beautiful with the sun rays,the little frame and buttons!!
Thank you so much for joining us at FMS!!

Amanda Burditt said...

So very pretty! Love the cheery yellows! x

Sharron said...

Love this, Kelly! Great design and colors and the rays look fabulous.

Jeanne J. said...

This is so fun and bright Kelly! It sure brightened my day!