Wednesday, July 31, 2013

12 Kits for July!


Welcome to the 12 Kits of Holidays post for July...except now we are The 12 Kits of Occasions, and we have SO many fun things to talk about this month!  First, we must start with the fabulous kit supplied by the lovely Christina!  She created such a colorful and chic one with so many trendy images and embellishments to celebrate BIRTHDAYS!


The paper this month is from Echo Park's "A Perfect Summer" collection and I just love it!  

Up first is a card with a sweet cupcake die cut from WPlus9 Design Studio's "Sweets and Treats" set topped with a "cherry" (in the form of Basic Grey Candy Dots)!  Loved the matching paper in the background and that fun sentiment (also from the set).




I was obsessed with those teeny wood veneer stars from Studio Calico!  I decided to add color to mine with some folk art paint.

Christina supplied us with the most beautiful sentiments from Hero Arts "Many Birthday Messages" set with elements that were heat embossed in gold.  So awesome!


They worked perfectly with the little "Satin gold" sequins from Ellen Hutson.  

Loved the idea of the L'il Inker balloons floating against a sunny sky! And another painted star...this time a teeny tiny red one!


This paper reminded me of birthday candles.  Paired candle die cuts from my own Birthday Style set from Papertrey Ink with another one of Christina's awesome Hero Arts sentiments.


Stamped the flames with Delicata Ink in Golden Glitz and added some golden pearls.


Lastly, some sparkling cupcakes from WPlus9 Design Studio "Sweets and Treats" set with a sentiment from Mama Elephant's "Soiree" set...


The glitter pieces underneath are this awesome glitter tape.


There you have it!  And now for some fun news...12 Kits has its own blog AND Facebook page now!  (And can't forget about our Pinterest Board HERE).  Our blog will feature fun things all month such as sneak peeks, favorite cards from our monthly post, pictures of the kit with a supply list where all of the papers, stamped images, die cuts, and embellishments can be found, and some bonus projects through the month made with our kit "leftovers" (always a TON of those)!

And to celebrate these fun additions, Christina is offering up a little blog candy this month!  SO leave a comment on our new blog HERE and she will draw the winner from the comments left on today's post!

Off to continue the party this month...





12 comments:

Kara said...

Love those glittery cupcakes all in a row! I agree with you..those stars are awesome! (I used them on a card yesterday that was not for this post :) I was also obsessed with those tiny little flag sentiments! Love your little cherry on top with that little flag coming out from behind it! Beautiful cards!!

Renee said...

Love them!!
That cherry paper with the sweet little cuppiecake...
and you painted the stars...
how awesome because I never thought to do that!
But love those candles...
perfect with that paper and sentiment! :)

Cathy Weber said...

Kelly, Kelly, Kelly...what beautiful cards! I cant believe how realistic that cherry looks. Honestly, I had to really check it out to see if it was a real cherry brad...so cute on that patterned paper. I also love the glittery, sparkly cupcakes. Oh, I bet the glitter was flying when you made that one!

Jeanne J. said...

I love them all Kelly, but I have to tell you that row of goodies with the sprinkled sugar border and toppings.... droool... they are such eye candy! I really love all the close up shots that let me see all the goodies close up - that cherry dot, and the row of pearls in the candle just satisfy my sweet tooth!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...another one of you that did a spectacular job on coloring your row of fabby cupcakes! So fun and very festive. My favorite of your bunch is your first card, I just fell in love with that cherry patterned paper and the light blue goes so well with it, just too cute!

Christina said...

These are all fantastic, Kelly! I love how you painted the stars on the first card and added the candy dot to the top of the cupcake. It's been so much fun to see how everyone used the sunburst paper--yours looks fabulous with the floating balloons. The candles are brilliant and so perfect with that paper! I wanted to include candle images with this kit but didn't have any, so it makes me happy to see them on your card. And finally, I am just amazed with everyone's coloring on those cupcakes. Yours look incredible, especially with the added glitter! Thanks for doing an amazing job with the kit!

Lindsey said...

What fun cards! I especially love your cupcakes....they look delicious! The coloring, glitter, and darling enamel dots are just perfect.

Amy Kolling said...

Wahoo!!! I get to CASE your first card!! I love all the details especially the teeny banner off the "cherry", the painted matchy stars, and the striped paper below the sentiment!!! Love the last card with all the fun color and glitter!!!! Fab job!!!

Joyce said...

Oh, my. What a delicious bunch of cards. I love them all, and can't pick a favorite. Love what you did with the candles and that candle-type paper, and how you used that glitter tape. And, your colored row of glittered cupcakes is just wonderful.

Sharron said...

All are awesome, Kelly! Your first card is so amazing--the candy dot is the perfect cherry! And what a great idea to color the stars. Love the candles with that fun paper and your gorgeous cupcakes! Definitely like a party with all the colors & glitter!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Kelly I love all of your cards so much, they are so you. Your cherries on top are perfection--LOVE love that, so brilliant. Great selection of which patterned papers you used and I love your glittering!

The Paper Parade said...

Kelly, what great coloring on the cupcakes! I love the balloons in the sunburst...perfect combo, and I'm really loving the pearls in the candle flames!