Saturday, November 17, 2012

Waltzingmouse Stamps November Blog Party!

This month at Waltzingmouse Stamps the blog party theme is "gratitude." Add your creations to the Mr. Linky set on Claire's blog HERE.  You have until Sunday Nov. 18th at 1:30 PM.  Claire will be highlighting projects on her blog on November 20th.  She will also announce the randomly-selected participant who will win a WMS set of choice!

I chose to make a harvest lantern card!


Bright Season is back in stock at the store, as well as some other Christmas and recently released sets!  Check out Claire's blog post here and here for the full list.  It is such an awesome set!  I paired my lantern with papers from Simple Stories "Harvest Lane" Collection and a sentiment from Teeny Trees.


I have been so inspired by all of the "decorated" lanterns that I have seen everyone making!  I thought I would try one with some mini felt roses in rich autumn colors.  My felt is from an Etsy shop called "Benzie Bazaar."

Marlena left me a comment and she is right....these flowers must have popped in my head after seeing this week's Tuesday Trigger "Fantasy in Fall" at Moxie Fab World!  I love when subliminal stuff like this happens, LOL!



Since it's time to say thanks, I wanted to say thanks to all of YOU who visit my blog each week.  A few kind words about a card seem like such a small gesture...but I know how much they can make me smile when I am feeling blue or having "one of those days."  I am grateful for having a crafty hobby that lets my mind wander to a creative place...and for all of my crafty friends who know exactly what I am talking about :)!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Bright Season, Teeny Trees, both Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  PTI Rustic Cream and Kraft cardstock, Simple Stories "Harvest Lane" papers
Ink:  Stampin Up Cherry Cobbler, Fresh Ink in Honey, A Muse Studio ink in Bellini, VersaFine Black, Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Antique Linen and Tea Dye Distress inks
Other:  My Favorite Things Mini Rolled Rose Die-namics, felt from Benzie Bazaar (etsy.com), twine


22 comments:

Jeanne J. said...

Kelly your lantern is stunning all decked out for fall! The pretty felt flowers are amazing - what a gorgeous look you've captured!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Simply fabulous Kelly!! I love your felt roses with your beautifully stamped lantern!! And those stitched leaves in the bg are just charming!! Beautiful card!!

Julia Aston said...

Well - what do you know - we used the same lantern on our cards today Kelly!! we must have been connected in thought somehow!! Love your beautiful felt flowers and lovely papers!

Lori said...

This is so pretty! Love the addition of the mini felt flowers on the lantern.

Marybeth said...

I sure do know what you are talking about Kelly.
Awww.. this is gorgeous! I love the felt flowers you added to the lamp, just beautiful!

Tracey McNeely said...

Kelly I squealed, I LOVE your patterned papers and the lantern with the felt flowers--gorgeous!

Renee said...

Love your fall lantern!!
The papers...
those fabulous felt flowers...
and it's the perfect image for this challenge...
so gorgeous!!
But they always are! :)

Deborah Frings said...

Love, love the pretty felt flowers on your lantern. The papers are just fab too!

Sharron said...

Love the pretty patterned papers and your lovely brightly lit and welcoming lantern! It looks gorgeous with the felt flowers and the colors are amazing! It's been a while since I made any rolled roses. I need to plan something fun that could use one or two!

Kary said...

Hi Kelly! Your card looks SO Awesome!! I LOVE the decorated lantern, it looks so beautiful with the felt flowers and the pretty leaves. What a fabulous card!! I'm thankful for you too, and for encouraging me to create. {hugs}

Claire said...

I WANT THAT STAMP SET! Absolutely perfect Kelly - those felt flowers are just gorgeous...they look as though they just belong on that lamp

Marlena M. said...

This is SO PRETTY Kelly! Those rolled flowers make me think of the Tuesday trigger at moxie fab~you should link it up~
Thank you for your faithful visits too friend~it blesses me so!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

WOW Kelly - this is sooo BEAUTIFUL! Absolutely ADORE your lantern and those felt flowers - so pretty! Keepning my fingers crossed Cath chooses this as a trigger so even more people get to see it!
Sorry for being so late waltzing - we've had guests. Have a wonderful Sunday evening, hugs, Karin

Lee said...

Oh Kelly this is so beautiful. Absolutely love your decorated lantern.

Rachel said...

the trigger picture is the first thing i thought of! amazing card and i love those flowers :)
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Amy Kolling said...

Love what you said at the end of your post! Agree wholeheartedly! ;)

Now for this beauty of a card.....but first I need to pick my chin up off the floor! I'm loving how you decorated the lantern with the fall flowers and added the rounded sentiment!!! Beautiful....just beautiful!!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous!! That lantern is fabulous...just makes me smile.. And the felt flowers in fall colors ...happy girl! Fabulous card!

-Aneta- said...

Love the felt flowers and colours on your card :) beautiful papers and stamping :)

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is so beautiful Kelly. I love the dimension you achieved with your lantern. I wish I could have played along, but was out of town for several days attending my daughter's wedding, and time just got away from me. I'm loving what you have done with this set!

Kim Heggins said...

Just beautiful and I love your felt flowers, so stunning and they really set off that lantern.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the felt flowers

Diane Jaquay said...

This is really beautiful, Kelly, love that lantern!