Saturday, June 16, 2012

Coral Rose Sketch

Another lovely sketch by Mischief Maker Edna Morrisedie for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog!  I can't wait to see what projects BLOOM from this one...


And my card...


My love affair with the color navy blue continues!  It took willpower, but I decided to pair it with a coral colored rose instead of a RED one :)  I bought the quatrefoil patterned paper by The Paper Studio a few months ago.  At the time, I purchased 12 sheets of it (and it's 12x12!) because I planned on using it for the project to share with my tablemates at the Buffalo swap.  I ended up switching my design, soooo you may be seeing quite a few cards with this paper in the upcoming months, hee!

Colored the rose from Roses in Bloom with Copic markers and then paper-pieced 3 layers back together with dimensionals.  The sentiment is also from the set.  Also used the Grand Labels 11 Nestabilities to make the "topper".

Your turn to play along! Upload your creation HERE by next Friday, June 22.  Be sure to include at least one Waltzingmouse Stamps image on your project to be eligible to be the randomly-selected player who will win a WMS stamp set of choice!

DON'T FORGET!!!  Sunday, June 17th is the Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Party!  Instead of a theme, we are using a gorgeous inspiration photo.  Find the photo and all of the other information about the party HERE!  You will have 24 hours to upload your creation to the Mr. Linky set on Claire's blog.  Special mentions and another random winner of a free set will be announced on her blog on June 20th!  See you there!!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Roses in Bloom, Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  navy patterned paper from The Paper Studio, PTI Vintage Cream'
Ink:  Memento Espresso Truffle, Stampin Up Not Quite Navy, Copic markers
Other:  Grand Labels 11 Nestabilities, Stickles

7 comments:

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW!!! Your card is amazing Kelly! - and so is your coloring - very impressed!!! Hugs, Karin

Deborah Frings said...

Stunning! This is so elegant. I love the navy paper and the rose is just fabulous, great colouring and layering.

Anonymous said...

Kelly your coloring on this rose is gorgeous! I feel like I could reach out and touch the velvety rose petals. I also like the navy quatrefoil patterned paper and look forward to what other creations you will come up with to use it up.

Renee said...

Kelly...
this is stunning!!
I noticed it right away because the colors are GORGEOUS!!!
I'm a navy girl...
everything should come in navy ;)...
and with that gorgeous coral rose...
it's perfect! :)
The navy and pattern...
gives it such elegance!!

Kary said...

Kelly, your ROSE looks AMAZING!!! I LOVE it!! Your colouring is Awesome,and the rose is perfect! What a beautiful card, and the quatrefoil paper is so pretty - I am in love with this motif. Have a wonderful weekend! {hugs}

Vickie Z said...

Love the coral and navy! Love the patterned paper! That bloom is gorgeous! The WMs blogg party card is fabulous too! Love how you did the bg panel and need to remember to think out of the box (use of those flowers)!!!

Sue Ann said...

Kelly you have really hit your stride since hopping onboard the WMS DT!!! I know I do not get to comment often because I am typically surfing with one hand and doing something with the other. I love the colors you paired on this beauty and your coloring is beautiful!!!