Friday, October 14, 2011

Waltzingmouse Stamps October Preview, Day 3

Another fun day of previews at Waltzingmouse Stamps!  Today's two sets are festive and full of good cheer!

Up first is 2011 Holiday Ornaments, and you guessed it...they coordinate perfectly with the new Spellbinders Heirloom Ornament 2011 Nestabilities!


I used 4 ornaments from the set.  That little reindeer is a separate image, and can be stamped right into the plain mini ornament!  Same goes for the sentiment "Merry Christmas".  That ornament has an open space for text, and I am sure lots of Claire's past sets will have words that tuck in there quite nicely.  The background paper is from A Muse Studio.  Yes, that SU Cherry Cobbler ink is still getting a Christmas workout!

The second set is so much fun, you can tell just from the title:  "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"!


I couldn't choose what set to make the background with at first.  As I stamped, I found myself singing that song in my head, so Musical Backgrounds won out!  Used the knit patterned circle from Faux Fun Circles, and then cut along the edges to make a medallion shape. 


I stamped a lovely snowflake image from the set over the sheet music.  I used VersaColor Cardinal ink, and then just stamped off beforehand so that it looked a bit more "vintage".  The little vine is also from Faux Fun Circles.

Tomorow is Release Day!  Claire will be revealing the sets on her blog at 2:00 PM EST, and then there will be the Design Team Blog Waltz...with a prize involved for one lucky commenter.  See you then!

Now off you go to see what the rest of the Design Team has made with these two wonderful new sets!



Supplies:

Ornament card: 
Stamps:  2011 Holiday Ornaments (available Oct. 15th), Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  Kraft and Vintage Cream, Papertrey Ink, and patterned paper from A Muse Studio
Ink:  Stampin Up Cherry Cobbler, Color Box Chesnut, Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream, Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress ink, Other:  Spellbinders Heirloom Ornaments 2011 Nestabilities, embroidery floss, chocolate pearls from
A Muse Studio, gingham ribbon

Santa Card:
Stamps:  Santa Claus is Coming to Town (available Oct. 15), Faux Fun Circles, and Musical Backgrounds, all Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  Vintage Cream, Papertrey Ink
Ink:  VersaColor Cardinal, Tim Holtz Distress inks in Black Soot and Antique Linen, VersaMark
Other:  Black embossing powder, A Muse Studio, red rick rack, Spellbinders Standard Circles Small Nestabilities

25 comments:

Joan B said...

terrific! love that cut out circle frame. now that is a genius idea. aack I want all these sets!

Deborah Frings said...

Super cards - the baubles are lovely, but I really like the Santa Cameo on the music! So festive!

Olga said...

Hi! You make very lovely cards. Such an inspiration. Thanks!

Sandie said...

Absolutely beautiful cards. I just adore the Holiday Ornaments. Wonderful colours on your Santa card.

Carola said...

Kelly, your cards are wonderful. I love those hanging ornaments on the beautiful background paper. And the card with Santa is also so pretty, I love how you combined the musical background with that knit pattern.

Kind regards
Carola

Renee said...

OH MY GOODNESS GRAVY...
I DIE!!
I love the rustic beauty of the first one...
but you stole my heart with Santa!!
He's so festive...
and love the colors!!
Stunning!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Outstanding - on both of these lovely and creative projects. Love ALL those ornaments, Kelly. Such great inspiration here. I'm so happy to have you on the team!!!!

Julia Aston said...

Two lovelies Kelly! The colors and gingham ribbon on your first card are so folky (big surprise from you!!LOL!!) and I love the stamps you used to highlight jolly Santa as well as the music bg!

anya said...

I completely agree with Lynn! Your creations for this release have been one amazing thing after another. I just love your style and am so glad to have the chance to work with you on the team. The rich colors of your ornament card are so quintessentially Christmas to me. I also love your vintage Santa card!

Anonymous said...

Well, I agree with Lynn, Julia and Anya! Totally! perfect color combo on the first card. It gives the ornaments a rich retro folksy feeling. And Santa, well he's rosie! What a fun color combo!

Kary said...

Kelly, these are Awesome cards!! The ornaments card is outstanding, absolutely gorgeous!! The Santa card is so cute!! Great job!!

Clare said...

So, so "cool"! What a super job! Love them!

Jean Martin said...

Wow Kelly these are stunning!!!! I can't wait to get my hands on the new stamp sets!!!!

Jeanne J. said...

Kelly - Red is your color today! I love the snowflakes you stamped in the background of the music and how it plays off the red accents on the rest of the card!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful cards Kelly! Love your choice of colors and the pretty stamped background paper!

snowbear said...

More wonderous cards!

Kara said...

beautiful!! love love love the ornament card!

Anonymous said...

Susan said: Isn't it wonderful when stamp companies work with die companies? I just love these ornaments! Your Santa card is perfect with the music background and words to the song. Well done! (I have to post anonymously as Blogger is giving me problems.)

Becca Feeken said...

My word, your cards are gorgeous!! Really stunning and fun!!! Perfect colors too - you have me going out to order that reddish SU color - you've shown it off perfectly!!

Joan Ervin said...

I love both your fabulous cards, Kelly....the ornaments are sooo pretty and I sooo love the Santa silhouette!!!!

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Stunning creations!

Ali x

Ger said...

Gorgeous, my favourite is the ornaments card. Ger x.

Joanne Travis said...

Love the Santa Claus is coming to town one especially. All are so fabulous though.
Now that song is stuck in my head :)

Earline said...

Wow I love both of your cards.

Pamela A said...

2 beautiful cards, love your colors used on the Santa card.