Sunday, January 30, 2011

Butterfly Greetings

I made this card to honor the Queen for the Day at SCS this week...Heather aka Isaiah 40:31!  I saw this butterfly card HERE and knew I wanted to case it because of the fun color scheme and layout. 

I hate to admit it, but I am typically not a "butterfly" stamper.  I just don't reach for them that much!  But I so love the one in the Love Lives Here stamp set from Papertrey Ink, and the coordinating dies make it that much cuter.  So I cut 2 from PTI Vintage Cream felt and stitched them on with Martha Stewart's green baker's twine.  I glued on the red heart by using Ranger's Glossy Accents, and then decided...why not add some to the front of the heart, too?  The bottom panel is made with Guide Lines 1 grid paper and squares from Quilter's Sampler.  The whole front panel was sent through my cuttlebug using the "linen" side of PTI's Linen/Canvas Impression plate.  The sentiment is from Vintage Picnic Sentiments.

Thanks so much for the inspiration, Heather!

10 comments:

Kara said...

love the quilt!! awesome!

Cathy Weber said...

I never was a butterfly person myself, but lately I have used butterflies a lot. I love the patchwork stamps on this card. Perfect with LLH butterfly.

A Consuming Passion said...

Oooh how beautiful!!! Love your soft colouring too!

Just popped over to say thanks so much for your lovely comment on SCS!!! (Picture me with a tear in the corner of my eye!!!) What an unexpected thrill!!

Bev Gerard said...

I always adore butterflies .. they seem to bring hope & happiness throughout the year! Sweet memories come from the quilty-look as well!

~Bev

Julia Aston said...

Love the colors on your pretty quilt Kelly!

Clare said...

stunning, I really love how you stitched the body of the butterfly and added the little heart!!

Clare said...

stunning, I really love how you stitched the body of the butterfly and added the little heart!!

Jen Adcock said...

So pretty. You could totally rock the butterfly stamping thing should you desire. You certianly have here. Divine. The quilting looks lovely too. What a great combo.

Joyce across the Pond said...

Lovely card - I have that stamp set but never seemed to be able to create anything I really liked with it...I just might try again.
As for the butterflies - can I encourage you to please change your thinking - they, I understand, can be a reminder of the resurrection....they die and they come to life again just as Jesus did....I know there isn't scripture and verse for that but since I was told that I always now associate them with the resurrection!

Jen Carter said...

This is so pretty! How fitting that you would use a felt butterfly on a quilt card!! Perfect fit! Very pretty!