Friday, October 15, 2010

A Single Snowflake

Tonight was "Virtual Stamp Night" (VSN) at Splitcoast...and the theme for tonight, and for the weekend event on November 12 & 13th is "On Cloud Nine".  Pam (bailmac) posted the sweetest challenge.  You were to make a card inspired by this quote:

Ever felt an angel's breath in the gentle breeze?  A teardrop in the falling rain?  Heard a whisper amongst the rustle of leaves?  Or been kissed by a lone snowflake?  Nature is an angel's favorite hiding place."
~Carrie Latet

I HAD to use my Earth Angel set by Waltzingmouse Stamps:

I love the thought of an angel kissing a snowflake and sending it down to land on someone's cheek!  So sweet, might have to frame this quote for the girls' room. 

Also used WMS Pic-Nic Patterns and some White Opal Liquid Pearls for the bottom portion, and a sentiment from PTI's Holiday Button Bits.  My snowflake is the cutest little button somebody sent me when I was a hostess for a past VSN...like maybe 2 years ago!  Sometimes you gotta save stuff for JUST the right occasion!

4 comments:

Maggie said...

I love that quote!
Your card is so sweet, and the angel stamp is just the cutest I have ever seen. Lovely!

Sue Ann said...

Beautiful Kelly!! I love that Angel and the quote is so beautiful.... I might have to make something for the kiddies rooms around that quote!! Where do you get your crochet ribbon?? I have been on the prowl for sometime but cannot seem to find what I like...... I love this one!!!

Susan said...

what a wonderful card for Peg's challenge! love the pearls and the bit o lace.

Susan said...

opps, it was Pam!!!