Tuesday, September 1, 2009

WOW Wednesday, Take 2!

Welcome back to another WOW challenge...that's Word of the Week!  I grabbed my worn dictionary, opened a page, zig-zagged about, and found today's word...and it's SUCH a fun one!

impearl:  to form into pearls; also, to form of or adorn with pearls

How excited was I at this random word...you KNOW I love me my bottle of White Opal Liquid Pearls!  Maybe I'll get crazy and use my Platinum ones instead...or maybe BOTH, squee!  Remember to use the keyword WOW02 if you are uploading to Splitcoaststampers.com, or provide a link to your blog/post here in my comments section so everyone will be able to see the beautiful creations you come up with this week.  Remember, play ANY time and there are no rules, just your intrepretation of the WOW!

I will be back later today with my sample.  It is Kindergarten Eve here, and I have to be sure to get to bed, so that we can all be up on time for the bus.  Eva was not nervous at all, until today, which has put my anxiety straight through the roof!  We went to orientation today, and I think she now understands what Kindergarten means...new teacher, new classroom, new classmates.  She cried tonight and said that she really missed Mrs. Zhe, her preschool teacher, and that she wanted a cool playhouse in her class like last year.  I am sure she will be fine, but I will be sooo happy to see her smiling face tomorrow when she comes home!

12 comments:

Susan said...

What an interesting word, challenge hostess! I am already headed in a direction, gotta go dig out the image book to find where my stamp is located!

You all must be dreaming sugar plum dreams over there. I am sending happy thoughts for Eva's first Kindergarten day. And snugs to Mom!

Mothermark said...

Good Luck Eva.....Its gonna be fun being a big girl now! Your mommy will be waiting for you at home, waiting to hear about your exciting day!

Kelly, what a fun word and challenge. If and when I ever get back into my groove, I plan to play along!

MariLynn said...

Just tried to SCS to see if there were other WOW02 cards and couldn't find any. Is anyone else playing today? Or is it because SCS is being wonky today?

Susan said...

Mine has been posted to my blog...can't get on SCS. It's noon out here in the beautiful Pacific NW!!! Hi all

MariLynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MariLynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MariLynn said...

Third times a charm... I have mine posted on my blog. Great word, Kelly. Hope first day of school was fun!!

peggysue said...

Oooh, what a great word!!!! How did you happen on that one by chance? :) I hope to play tonight after my littlest goes to bed. Kindergarten eve, how exciting!

marilynprestonn said...

Hey Kelly this was nother cool challenge. I posted mine up just now.

Keep them coming girlfriend, and congratulations to Eva for her first day at Kindergarden.

Peggyxo

peggysue said...

I have mine on my blog, finally got around to making a card with pearls! :) Just squeaked in under the wire before a new Wednesday. Happy new start of the school year, your girls a precious.
http://rosesbymywindow.blogspot.com/2009/09/autumn-pocket.html

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Kelly, I am late with theis challenge but wanted to play anyway - this is great - good on you, it is an excellent challenge!! Here is my card:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1473927?&cat=500&ppuser=179849

God bless you!

Sabrina said...

Still don't know if I'll play catch-up with windstorm, but I've had pearls in my mind all week...
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1487013?&cat=17469